Thursday, July 26, 2007

Elaine is here!

Hey all!

Guess what! Elaine arrived Wednesday night (or really, Thursday morning)! I met her at the airport dressed in my full Indian suit, which I have been keeping pictures of offline for the last month to keep from spoiling the surprise! It is fantastic that she is here and, as much fun as I'm having in India, I'm going to be really really glad when this whole long distance thing is over for a while!

We didn't do too much on Thursday. Elaine has been sleeping a lot, catching up from a horrifically long 36 hour trip to India. We did go out to wander about the neighborhood around my house, down as far as "Orange", where I had dinner with Dad and Tracy last week, and wandering back through some residential areas on the way back. Last night we went to Opus and, while we didn't participate in quiz night we at least watched the spectacle and had some delicious food (blueberry 'cheesecake' that seemed to be made from whipped cream ^_^) in the process. On the way back we, completely by chance, ran into Revi and Udai on their way to dinner and while we were talking to them saw Rob walking by! Crazy meetings! The rest of the night passed largely by looking at pictures and reading.

Today we woke up late, and it looks like I'm going to be able to bring Elaine in to work with me today! Then, around 2PM, we're going to take a private car and head out to Pondicherry for the weekend! Pondicherry is part of the formerly French part of India, and we're really eager to see what happens when French and Indian cultures meet!

Lets see, quick notes on the rest of the week before Elaine got here... Lots of thinking about Elaine coming and preparing for the event (bought a massive flower wreath). At work the PRNG actually is working (probably turned out to be a dumb mistake with file output), Monday night we watched a Bollywood movie in our flat with lots of people, and Wednesday before I went to the airport we went to Zero-G for Bollywood night, and got dinner at an 'open late' place after that.

I should probably be off to work now!
Cheers,
Jason

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

bye dude....will be reading your stuff...